people shit on math and science because they’re not good at it y’all are like “being amazing at math and science doesn’t make you intelligent” nah man it literally does it’s just that if you aren’t amazing at math and science it doesn’t mean you’re unintelligent don’t shit on other people’s talents simply because they aren’t yours
friendly reminder that Harry Potter
- at eleven, was described by his teachers as ‘bright’
- at the same age, according to the Sorting Hat: “Not a bad mind, either. There’s talent, oh my goodness, yes” and “You could be great, you know, it’s all here in your head”
- mastered the challenging Patronus Charm at thirteen and proceeded to teach it at fifteen
- resisted the Imperius Curse at fourteen and soon learned to throw it off completely, even when cast by the incredibly powerful Voldemort
- also at fourteen, learned to cast a powerful Accio Charm
- at fifteen, was training other students
- at the same age, under extreme stress, tested as ‘exceeds expectations’ or ‘outstanding’ in every subject that required actual magic (including the dreaded Potions)
- same age, cast a briefly effective Cruciatus Curse
- at sixteen, became a star Potions student simply by following superior instructions
- at seventeen, successfully cast the Imperius Curse on his first try, and used it repeatedly
- at the same age, cast a successful Cruciatus Curse
#god almighty!!!!!! #this post??? is e v e r y t h i n g #it addresses all of my pet peeves in fandom regarding harry #people refuse to acknowledge how bright and talented harry really is #its such a joke tbh #they point to his average academics as if that is a true measure of intelligence #all the while disregarding the stressful situations he’s put in and horrible teachers that hinder his learning #people have adopted snapes mentality when judging harrys intelligence and its utterly belittling #snape purposely gives shitty instructions and literally fucking sabotages harrys work in his class #and puts him in a fake remedial potions class to humiliate him in front of his peers #and fandom? they gobble it up and laugh about how shitty harry is at potions #but when harry gets legitimately good instructions from snapes old textbook for the first time in his potions career #under a teacher who is not abusive but actually encouraging? #he fucking thrives #snape had been keeping innovational and helpful potions instructions from his students for YEARS #so apart from being a shitty person he was also a shitty teacher #anyways~ #harry is extremely bright and talented and powerful for his age #love and forgiveness were not his only ~powers~ #or the reason he survived so long #ty for this gr9 post op (via ginevvra)
bellaria. (translation of mama, ich bin ausser mir)
marble sculptures are one of the most beautiful things i’ve ever seen i mean
that’s stone and someone made it look transparent
do you see that fabric?
do you see that fluffy pillow?
do you see that anatomy and those humans muscles?
no you do not because that’s all fucking marble
I’M SO UPSET WITH ART